The first building of the hotel complex “Minsk” was built in 1958 (by architects bodanov and sysoev; style – stalin classicism) in place where small
nine-room hotel “Novo-berlin” owned by mr. Hordon (architect – kurvoisie) was located.
It reflected a visiting card not only of the capital of belarus, but of the whole republic.
The building was situated on the lenin avenue and square, it had 6 floors and 265 rooms for 447 persons.
The hotel complex was departamental and belonged to the hotel network of housing and communal services ministry. It was one of the most comfortable and well-furnished estamlishments of this type. There was a W.C., telephone, tv-set in every room. Restaurant, cafe and 24-hour buffet worked in hotel.